Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My paintings... a dialog in colours ...

Jackson Pollock says: " The method of painting is the natural growth out of need. I want to express my feelings rather than illustrate them !"
 Since I was a child I have had that need to use colours to get in dialog with my feelings and to express myself. I get a kind of restless feeling inside if I do not make something creative for a while ....I need to disappear into the creative process and " let the colours touch my feelings and get my feelings out in the colours" !!!
  I  mostly work with acrylic ..  I like to use acrylic because you can use technics like watercolours and also use it so you get structures like oilpaintings.
 When I begin my painting I do not have a clear idea of what my paintings gonna look like.
 I always start by choosing the colours I want to work with and then build it up the painting of many transparent layers using different technics.
 After this process I look at it (some time for a long time !!) ... and then I begin the dialog with the painting and the idea comes clear to me !!!
 I will just show to you some of the paintings I have made over the years !!





















Another time I will take som photos of the way I work and put on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment