Thursday, April 14, 2011

UNIQUE EXPERIMENTAL PAPERMAKING ... I call it "PAPER-ART"....

Back in 1996 I started to make my own paper ... and like I often do .." I did it my way " !!!
 So without knowing anything about it ... I just made my own experiments.  I used the materials I allready had ... like old newspapers, plants from our garden and a piece old fishnet.
 I mixed the wet newspaper with wallpaper-glue like when you make papermache and found a technique so I could get the expression I wanted.
 I worked with it for some time and was fascinated of patterns the fishnet made in the paper and I had a lot ideas how I could use it.
 But then I was busy doing other things, so it wasn´t until we moved to Bagenkop in 2007 and I saw all this old fishnet laying next to the fishermens sheds at the harbour.
 So I just felt it was time to pick up the idea again !!!
 I like very much the process ... I always make the paper in the summer outside in our garden, because it take a lot of space and is quite wet, so I need the sun and the wind to dry it out.
 It takes more days ... but it´s such a good feeling when it´s dry and ready for decorating !!!
 Unfortunately I have not taken photos of the process ... but I will do it next time and describe how to do !!!

So just now I will show some of my PAPER-ART .....


















No comments:

Post a Comment