Saturday, April 20, 2013

In the blue world ... 2011

 
In spring 2011 I wanted to try to paint
with only blue and white
 
 
 
I started using a transperant technique
letting the white background shine through !! 

 
I worked with the contrast
from very blurred to
sharpness and straight lines
 
 
Like in a dream ...

 
The titel in danish
"Himmelrummet" or "luftkastellet"
translated as "the room in the sky"/"castles in the air"
 

                         70x70cm                  

 
 
 
 
My next painting I started the same way
 but I added a little red
to get a little warmth into all the blue ...
 
 
 
I had the idea using the geometric of
 the compass-rose

 
another way to show my passion of
the sea and the sky
 
 
I called it
"Reflections" 
70x70cm. 

 
 
 
Still working with the blue and white
I wanted to make a less controlled painting
 
 
I started painting a lot of different windows
on top of the blue background
 
 
 step by step I entered into
a kind of fairytale

 
In my imagination there was
 a magic kind of life behind the windows

 
like in a dream ...

 
The title
" It´s not dark yet .."
70x70cm.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment