Friday, November 4, 2011

"Words of wisdom" in colours ...

 In the beginning of this year my son, Sune who works in the financiel world, 
send me a link he found interesting.
 It was about an american painter Geoffry Raymond,
 who are best known for his "annotated Wall Street paintings".
 His paintings incorporate public commentary and it becomes both painted
 depictions and historical documentation of the financial crisis !!!
 

 It inspired me to make small colourful paintings 20x20cm with a face and some text on.

I made the background with more thin layers of the primary colours and made a face on top of it.


                                                                  BLUE ... YELLOW


        AND   RED ...


                                       
                                            MAKES  ... GREEN ... PURPLE ... ORANGE



                                                  
                                                      AND A LOT OF PATTERNS ...



IT`S NOT DARK YET ... BOB DYLAN



                                                  IN COLOURS OF THE RAINBOW


                                                       IMAGINE ... JOHN LENNON



ANTHEM ... LEONARD COHEN

 


                                         A SWEETHEART LIKE YOU ... BOB DYLAN



ONE LIFE ...  LISA EKDAHL



                                                      KVINDE MIN ... KIM LARSEN


I decided to use "bits and pieces"  of songs I listen to while I am painting !!

 "Songs I got on my mind" ... 
 songs that have a message I "need to remember and to repeat" !!

No comments:

Post a Comment